Mixed Veterinarian – Large Animal Focus
Permanent Full Time – 40 hours a week with on call roster (on average one weeknight per week and no more than one weekend in six including a Saturday clinic).
Here at VetEnt we’re on a journey to change who we are and the experience of the animals and people we care for. We’re passionate about creating a different veterinary business that supports the growth of great people and embraces technology to deliver veterinary care in a new way. We’re a 100% kiwi owned group of clinics located across the best bits of New Zealand.
- Competitive salary and benefits package – we work with remuneration experts to ensure our pay is competitive and in line with remuneration movements in the industry.
- Opportunities for professional development and mentorship.
- Work in a vibrant community that values pets and their well-being, and experience the beauty of Wanaka with its unique lifestyle offerings.
- TeamFirst Wellness Discounts: We’re animal lovers here! So, our furry whanau get the VIP treatment with our TeamFirst Programme, delivering wellness benefits to your pets.
- Birthday Leave: Happy birthday! All permanent team members celebrate their way with an extra day off for your birthday.
- Connected Lives Programme: Our connected lives programme was developed by our people, for our people, to help you to take care of all facets of your wellbeing – at work, home and beyond.
Are you a passionate and dedicated veterinarian who shares our vision of empowering our clients and community in making a positive difference to the lives of their animals and their business? Do you want to work in a supportive environment where your skills are valued and your professional growth is encouraged? If so, we want you to join our team in beautiful Wanaka, New Zealand.
To be successful with your application, you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with Sheep, Beef, Deer, and Companion Animals. Dairy and equine exposure is a bonus.
- You will have a primary focus on supporting our diverse range of sheep, beef, deer, and dairy clients who range all the way from the West Coast up into the Lindis Valley – a very spectacular and diverse part of the world.
- A thorough understanding of large animal medicine and animal health products; as well as insight and experience with whole herd health planning, farm parasite management and RVM consultation is essential.
- Key clinical work is everything you would expect in sheep, beef and deer country including velveting, pregnancy scanning, breeding soundness assessment, trace element testing and disease outbreak investigation.
- The right candidate will also fit seamlessly into our companion animal practice – building strong relationships with pet parents, offering guidance and support to provide exceptional veterinary care to our furry patients.
- Collaborate with a skilled and compassionate team to deliver the highest standards of care and foster a workplace culture where every team member thrives.
- Pursue continuing education and stay current with the latest advancements in veterinary medicine.
What Sets Us Apart:
- A mission-driven organisation focussed on empowering pet parents.
- A commitment to your professional growth and development.
- A supportive team environment that values work-life balance.
- A beautiful location in Wanaka, offering a high quality of life.
How to Apply:
There's never been a better time to take the next step in your career! To apply or see a full position description, please email email@example.com.
Please note we will be conducting interviews throughout the advertising period.
Applications Close: Sunday 17th December 2023