Veterinary Enterprises Group was established in 1991, is privately owned, and one of New Zealand's largest veterinary companies. With twenty VetEnt veterinary clinics located in Waikato, King Country, Havelock North, Gisborne, Canterbury and Otago; employing over 250 staff, including 70 vets, 30 vet techs and 40 vet nurses, we exist to service the needs of both farm and pet animals.
We underpin our proactive veterinary service with enhanced skills, advanced technology and lead with empathy and heart, ensuring the best support for our clients and care for their animals. Our VetEnt Research division strengthens our knowledge, by undertaking independent research within the agricultural and companion animal sectors.
Our subsidiary businesses, StockCare and PureMilk, further support our quest to be the best. StockCare is a farm improvement program to sustainably lift performance, productivity and profitability in Sheep & Beef farming. PureMilk is a Mastitis Consultancy service to Dairy farmers and vets.
Big is good!
We leverage our scale and depth of capability to deliver high quality, personalised service that benefits you, your animals, and your local community, via:
- Our extensive in-house knowledge and skills, means your animals get the best care. Our 70 vets are one team, with many talents and extensive collective experience. They share, collaborate, and learn from each other.
- Our clinics are fully equipped, meaning we can do more and save you time, hassle and stress. Striving for the best systems, investing in cutting edge research and technology, ensures we outsource less, speeding up diagnostics and treatments for your pet in-house
- We are here for you, hand picking staff who truly love what they do, and caring for your animals. Our staff lead with heart, an authentic passion, empathy and compassion for the animals they care for, and you, their owners.
- Focused care, we enable our vets to be vets, meaning more time available for your animals. Our clinics are supported by a head office team of experts in HR, Finance, IT, Marketing and Procurement, so our vets aren’t distracted by day to day of running a business
- Affordable care, with our collective buying power we can pass savings onto you.