VetEnt Riverside operates its main vet clinic in Ashburton in Riverside Industrial Park, with satellite branches in Rakaia and Mayfield. Our highly skilled team of Ashburton vets comprises 13 full-time veterinarians, 4 veterinary technicians and a vet nurse, averaging 17 years in experience.
Pets'n'Vets (Care Vets) recently joined forces with us and their pet clinic now operates from our Riverside premises.
Pop into one of our locations in Ashburton, Rakaia and Mayfield. Experienced retail and reception staff will share excellent product knowledge to help you with flea, worm, vaccination, and food advice.
1) Farm Veterinary Services
The clinic has the Animal Health Board contract to conduct TB testing for the area by our vets.
Ashburton has a wide range of large animal services, and areas of expertise offered include:
- Dairy reproductive services including 35-day pregnancy testing, accurate aging of pregnancies, analysis of results, investigation and resolution of problems, routine non-cycler and synchronisation services
- Nutrition advice. Create the optimal feeding model with integrated nutrition, ideal for farmers who spend a fortune on feed
- Ability to identify and solve specific animal health problems through InfoVet, a software that measures on-farm production and disease incidence
- Mastitis control including grade-busting whole-herd paddling, full analysis and reporting on solutions, treatment recommendations - reduce mastitis and cell counts with PureMilk
- Cow lameness treatment and prevention including the use of our roll-over crush – our team of Ashburton Vets enjoy being a member of the Healthy Hoof Programme
- Preventative vaccination programmes for leptospirosis, bovine virus diarrhea (BVD), rotovirus, toxoplasmosis, campylobacter and yersiniosis
- Faecal egg counting services including drench resistance monitoring
- Deer services, including ET services, reproductive advice and pregnancy scanning plus TB testing
- Velvetting services including supervision and training for certified velvetters
- Advice on mineral supplementation programmes
- Regular client information evenings and focus groups
- Emergency 24-hour service - always one of our Ashburton vets available
2) Pet Veterinary Services at Riverside
- Diagnosis including blood tests, xrays and ultrasound
- Treatment including surgery, intensive care and physiotherapy
- Premium nutrition
- Flea control
- Worm treatments
- Full range of pet products, including pet food, flea and worm treatments, pet toothpaste and toys
- Puppy classes
1 Smallbone Drive, Ashburton 7700
Ph +64 3 308 2321
Fax +64 3 308 2118
24-hour emergency service
Clinic Coordinator: Emma Doyle
Mon: 8.00am - 5.30pm
Tues: 8.00am - 5.30pm
Wed: 8.00am - 5.30pm
Thurs: 8.00am - 5.30pm
Fri: 8.00am - 5.30pm
Sat: 9.00am - 12.00pm
Emergency service available at all times.
View Rakaia clinic location & hours
View Mayfield clinic location & hours