At VetEnt veterinary clinics, your animals are in safe hands. Our vets are not only great with animals, we’re great with people, too.
We’re experts in listening, advising and supporting optimal animal health in both livestock and pets. You’ll find our veterinarians with their sleeves rolled up, working in modern vet clinics alongside rural communities throughout New Zealand. Even though we have clinics nationwide, we are owned by local people who live in your area. We have shareholders both young and old, female and male, veterinarians and non-veterinarians from Otago to Waikato and many places in between. Your local VetEnt veterinary clinic has the support of 75 vets nationwide.
VetEnt stands for "Veterinary Enterprises Group." We are New Zealand’s largest vet company, operating from 25 vet clinics around the clock. The combined knowledge pool and purchasing power of the VetEnt group guarantees you the best expertise and advice, competitive prices on products and product availability even in times of high demand. Find out more about our 24/7 vet clinic group services from our dairy veterinarians, cattle and sheep team and pet vets or find your nearest veterinary clinic.
Whether you have had your dog for ages or just adopted a kitten, our pet vets are at hand. From routine check-ups, fun flea facts and info on vaccination to emergencies – your local VetEnt vet clinic is available 24/7. Find out how to keep your pet in top health with a range of pet services.
Your cattle and sheep deserve only the best, most innovative vet services. Discover VetEnt’s automated annual health planners and best-practice benchmarking! Drench testing, liver biopsies, scanning and ill-thrift investigations – you name it, our vets can do it. Of course we’re also at hand to check common symptoms.
Our dairy vets are experts when it comes to biopsies, scanning and ill-thrift investigations. VetEnt also offers innovative vet programmes, such as performance tracking software and condition monitoring of heifer grazing off-farm. Use our mastitis control programme to improve bulk milk somatic cell count by 30%!
• Monitor stock for flystrike
• Check weaned lambs B12 and selenium levels
• Have you checked that your drench works?
• Clostridial vaccination for lambs
• Make a plan for facial eczema prevention
• Order Toxovax and Campyvax
• Book in cow pregnancy testing for 6 weeks after bull removal
• Regular monitoring of both the farm and the weather condition is important, as it allows you to evaluate the options available for stock and feed management, based on the most accurate information.
• Start planning your pregnancy testing now so that you can get accurate expected calving dates for your herd and heifers. Contact your local clinic to book in a date that will help give you the information you need.
• Do mosquito bites drive you itchy mad? Spare a thought for your furry friends during the summer months when Flea numbers at their PEAK. Pesky fleas are beginning to become a problem as it warms up. Year round regular flea treatments are best to prevent the summer flare ups but it is never too late to start. Pop into your clinic for flea treatment, worm tablet and advice.
• Hot cars will kill! Please never leave a pet in a car this summer. An open window is NOT enough to cool the car. Your dog always needs access to shade outside and unrestricted access to fresh water.
VetEnt offers great career opportunities and development to all our staff and is a proud supporter of diversity and equality. We place great importance on recruitment policies, training and development programs whilst fostering a supportive culture to ensure that all employees enjoy the opportunity to succeed.